Turner Valley Golf Club –
COVID-19 Best Practices/Precautionary Measures Policy
We would like to thank all our members, guests and staff for their patience during this very unprecedented time. We wanted to update everyone on procedures that will be in place in order to make the Turner Valley Golf Club as safe as possible for both patrons that want to spend their recreational time golfing and our employees. The health and safety of our members, guests, and employees are of the utmost importance so to ensure everyone involved stays as safe as possible we will continue to monitor the recommendations made by the Provincial Health Officer and Federal authorities and provide updates as necessary.
Many of these guidelines and best practices have been published by our local, provincial and federal authorities. All parties are encouraged to follow these guidelines (NO EXCEPTIONS).
The following policies and practices have been put in place and are customized to the Golf Industry and specifically to the Turner Valley Golf Club:
Golf Shop Operations
- Members can book 10 DAYS in advance.
- Public can book 7 DAYS in advance.
- Start times will be every 9 minutes creating more spacing between golfers and preventing gathering before their start time.
- The Clubhouse has increased sanitation practices for high touch areas:
- Entrances (door handles etc.)
- We do accept cash, but would prefer payment to be made with debit, credit cards or account payments.
- When possible, doors will be propped open to eliminate contact.
- No walk-ons allowed; everyone must book a starting time (tee-time).
Power Carts and Pull Carts
- Two riders per cart unless there are extraordinary circumstances
- If requesting a power cart, please see one of the outside service staff. They will assign you a power cart. Please do not touch any cart except the one you have been assigned.
- All power carts must be returned to the designated drop off area after the conclusion of your round.
- All power carts must be in by 8:30 PM (No exceptions). Failure to do so will result in having power cart privileges suspended.
- Under normal circumstances our power cart fleet is sufficient, and our staff will continue to do their best to accommodate all users, but we anticipate there may be times when a cart is requested but not available.
- All courtesy rides are prohibited throughout the golf course. For example, no rides or pulling carts up from #12 to #13 or between #15 to #16. Failure to do so will result in having power cart privileges suspended.
- When utilizing a power cart, you must remove your own trash after your round.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces on golf carts (steering wheel, seats etc.) will be done by staff but you are encouraged to wipe down your cart both before and after use.
- If requesting a pull cart, please see one of the outside service staff. They will assign you a pull cart. Please do not touch any pull cart except the one you have been assigned.
- All pull carts must be returned to the designated drop off area after the conclusion of your round. Again, you are encouraged to wipe off your cart after use.
Golf Course Operations
- Please do not touch or remove flagsticks from the hole.
- Holes have been manipulated to make ball retrieval easy with very little contact.
- Rakes have been removed from the bunkers so please smooth the sand with your feet to the best of your ability (Local Rule: You may foot rake the bunker and then lift, clean and place your ball).
- Tee markers have been placed on the sides of the tee boxes.
- Ball washers have been removed.
- Benches will be taped off.
- On course washrooms will be open on May 28th
- Access to clubhouse lobby and downstairs washrooms will be available and will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- In order to maintain social distancing, we request only ONE user of the bathroom at a time.
Food and Beverage
- The restaurant will open on May 28th for take-out service from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. It will open for sit down service on June 2nd from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Personal alcohol anywhere on the golf course premises is prohibited.
- If you are sick or showing any symptoms, you must stay home.
- DO NOT arrive at the Golf Course more than 30 minutes prior to your start time to avoid congregating around the Clubhouse and parking lot.
- All customers and staff must maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others (essentially two club lengths from all individuals) at all times.
- Please touch as few surfaces as possible. Which includes other players golf balls, golf clubs, pull carts, power carts, etc.
- Cover coughs and sneezes in your elbow and wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer or wipes to the golf course.
- Please bring your own drinking water if you are using a refillable water bottle.
- Walking is encouraged as carts will be limited.
- Please post your scores from your home computer or mobile app if possible.
- Customers may not gather around the clubhouse, patio area or parking lot before or after their round.
- Please replace handshakes with other touch-less forms of greeting.
- If you are sick or showing any symptoms, you must stay home.
- All staff must maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes, and wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- We have Increased communication and request all staff to keep informed about the symptoms, risks and ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Staff will be advised on the actions being taken by the employer to ensure their safety at work.
- Staff may wear protective gloves and face masks where and when it is applicable.
- The Board of Directors and Staff at the Turner Valley Golf Club take this situation very seriously. Non-compliance on behalf of any member, guest or staff will not be tolerated. We are confident that with correct procedures and policies in place many people will be able to enjoy a very positive experience at our facility despite the ongoing situation.
- Individuals not following the above protocol will be asked to leave the facility and their booking privileges will be revoked for an unspecified duration.
- We all recognize that to be effective everyone will have to work together as a team. We at the Turner Valley Golf Club appreciate your cooperation and if you have any ideas or concerns about the safety of our operation and how it relates to any regulations please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is prepared to do whatever it takes to offer you a healthy and safe environment in order to enjoy a stress-free day on the golf course.
DECLARATION AND RISK ACCEPTANCE
Declaration and Acceptance of Risk – When confirming your tee-time you agree to the acceptance of risk of visiting Turner Valley Golf and Country Club (the “Club). Further, you agree to observe and fully abide by all rules and regulations prescribed by the Club. Any failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. As you are all aware, the coronavirus can be transmitted by asymptomatic people. The Club is taking prudent steps to impose and enforce appropriate protocols to keep patrons safe, but there can be no assurance that the coronavirus will not be contracted by others. This is a risk that each patron must assess themselves, and if they choose to play, the patron takes the risk of either contracting the coronavirus or transmitting it to others. This agreement will remain in effect until the Board of Directors of The Turner Valley Golf and Country Club declare the requirements in this declaration are no longer in effect.
By confirming your tee time you acknowledge that you have read and understand the “Turner Valley Golf Club COVID-19 Best Practices/Precautionary Measures Policy ” as communicated by the club and accept and waive any right to golfing privileges should you not comply with these policies. I will also stay updated with Club communications and adhere to the Club’s policies as the season progresses.